Disclaimer: theshowerguide.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you have kids who are reluctant to take showers, installing an LED shower head that illuminates beautiful colors will certainly make them love taking showers. With multiple lights glowing in the bathroom as water flows out, no one in the house would hate to have a shower. Besides, LED shower heads provide a relaxing experience despite the fact that they hardly affect the flow of your water. Read our LED shower head reviews below to learn about thre most popular brands, their top rated products, and how to buy the best LED shower head.
Basically, an LED shower head works by dynamo power, meaning it will always illuminate light as long as water flows out of your shower head. You, therefore, don’t need a battery for any of the following shower heads. You also don’t need to call a technician to install the shower head. What you, however, need, is to pay attention to the details in the LED shower heads so that you can easily identify your ideal shower head.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 6 LED Shower Heads
- 2 LED Shower Heads Reviewed
- 3 Kairey Handheld LED Shower Head
- 4 Luminex by PowerSpa Dual LED Shower Head
- 5 DreamSpa 1481
- 6 Delipop HN-11 Rain LED Shower Head
- 7 Prugna Color Changing Shower Head
- 8 Elenker Shower Head With LED Lights
- 9 What is an LED Shower Head?
- 10 How Do LED Shower Heads Work?
- 11 Advantages of Using LED Shower Heads
- 12 What to Keep in Mind When Choosing the Best LED Shower Head
- 13 Bottom Line
Top 6 LED Shower Heads
LED Shower Heads Reviewed
Kairey Handheld LED Shower Head
Kairey is one of the best rated LED shower heads on the market in 2021. It’s an affordable shower head that is lightweight, has good pressure, and multiple fun color settings. It’s also a handheld model, so you get more versatile use as you use it not for just showering, but also for giving your pets a wash.
- The shower head’s 7-color changing functions are wholly powered by the water that flows through the shower fixture, which means that it does need any battery to operate. It is equipped with a hydroelectric generator and when the water flows through it, it rotates the blades and generates electricity for the LEDs. And the colors change gradually, creating a spa-like experience.
- Durable design. This LED shower head model is made of an ABS plastic body and stainless steel hose. It also features chrome plating, which gives it resistance to corrosion and tarnishing. The chrome finish also gives it an ageless look that fits most bathroom decors. The hose also measures 60 inches, it’s flexible and does not kink.
- Good water pressure. To complete your luxurious shower experience, the shower head also offers good water pressure, while at the same time maintaining the standard water flow rate. However, unfortunately, it has only one spray setting, so there’s no variety of patterns. So it’s for those that like strong pressure, which feels almost like a massager.
- Installing the shower head is quick and easy. It comes with Teflon tape, rubber washers, and a shower bracket. So you’ll have everything for the setup. You won’t need any extra tools for the install.
Luminex by PowerSpa Dual LED Shower Head
From its design to performance, the Luminex by PowerSpa presents another top quality LED shower head. However, this model is a dual shower head that includes a fixed and handheld fixture. On top of that, it’s a very versatile shower head that offers multiple settings, so everyone can create the shower experience they want.
- Design and Construction. This fixture features two shower heads, each one equipped with a 4 inch face diameter. They have an ABS plastic body, a chrome finish, and multiple spray nozzles that look absolutely beautiful under the beaming colors. Overall, it features durable construction that is designed to last for many years without rust or leaks.
- Multiple LED colors. Just like with other LED shower heads, this model works without any batteries. The LED light is instead powered by running water. There are 7 vibrant LED colors, which automatically change when you run the water. The shower head continuously cycles through the colors, but, unfortunately, there’s no option to pause on your favorite color. However, the colors do slowly blend into each other, creating a calm feeling.
- Multiple spray settings. The Luminex shower head comes with 4 different settings that are present in both fixed and handheld shower heads. They include rain, massage, combo of rain and massage, and a pause setting. The pause feature is beneficial for water saving, since it allows you to temporarily stop the water flow without having to reach for the main controls.
- High pressure. Both of the shower heads are designed with the hydro supercharged turbine technology. It boosts the water pressure by injecting air into the air flow and then blasting it through the 48 nozzles, which gives enhanced pressure performance even in low pressure situations.
- Installing the shower head is quick and simple. Without any extra tools, you’ll be able to connect it within minutes. That is as long as you have a standard overhead shower arm. If you have it, then this new LED shower head fixture just screws onto it.
Another good handheld LED shower head is the DreamSpa 1481. The shower head comes with LED color changing features that will make your showers quite relaxing. With multiple colors lighting up your bathroom, even your kids who are reluctant to take showers will fall in love with the shower head. And like other top shower heads, the DreamSpa 1481 doesn’t need any changes in your bathroom’s fixtures. It will fit any standard shower arm.
- Handheld design. This offers you the convenience of using it as either an overhead or handheld shower head.
- Durable construction. Similar to other LED shower heads on this leads, this model features premium ABS construction and chrome finish. It is also equipped with silicone nozzles that are easy to clean and are easy to keep clog-free. Moreover, it comes with a 5 foot hose that is made of stainless steel and which is conveniently flexible.
- Elegant design. This shower head features a 4” shower head face for a perfect shoulder to shoulder water delivery. And it has a chrome finish, so your shower will forever look amazing.
- Color changing sensor. The LED colors change according to the temperature of the water. It lights up blue in colder temperature, switches to green in warm water, and becomes red when the water gets hot. And if the red color starts flashing, it means that you’ve reached exceedingly hot water temperatures. This color changing sensor design is perfect for those that prefer an LED shower head with mostly one continuous color, instead of multiple colors going through an automatic cycle.
- Multiple spray settings. The DreamSpa features multiple settings meant to suit the needs of everyone in your family. These settings include 4 spray settings and a pause feature. The spray settings are power rain, pulsating massage, hydro mist, and economy rain.
- Simple installation if you already have installed a standard overhead shower arm. In this case, you just need to apply Teflon tape and screw on your new LED shower head.
Delipop HN-11 Rain LED Shower Head
If you’re looking for a rain shower head with LED lights, the top rated product is the Delipop HN-11. It comes with an oversized shower head face that features a stylish, modern design and fun color changing functionality.
- Rainfall design. This shower head is a great choice for those that like the drenching experience that rain shower heads provide. The fixture is equipped with an 8 inch shower head face that provides wide coverage, keeping your whole body under a warm stream of water. It also has good pressure, while using only up to 2 GPM. The rain shower head design is also very stylish and will look beautiful in any modern bathroom decor.
- Durable. It features the typical ABS plastic and chrome plating construction. This means that it’s resistant to rust and corrosion. The chrome finish also ensures that the shower head will continue looking as good as new for a long time, without it fading. Another feature that contributes to this shower head’s durability is the anti-clog nozzle design. They don’t clog up and they are easy to rub clean.
- Temperature sensor. The fixture is equipped with a temperature sensor that controls the color of the LEDs, of which there are 12 in total. This creates a calming spa-like shower experience. Depending on if the water is cool, warm, or hot, the color changes from blue to purple and, finally, to red. And if the water is too hot, it flashes red.
- Works without any batteries. The LEDs are powered by running water, so they light up as soon as the shower head gets water flow. So you don’t need any external power source, which helps in energy saving and environmental protection.
- For the installation, you’ll need an overhead shower arm. If you already have it installed, then this rain shower head just screws onto it.
Prugna Color Changing Shower Head
The Prugna color changing shower head offers not only fun LED lights but also water filtration. It’s an ionic shower head that is a good choice for those that want to enjoy both a fun and healthy spa-like shower experience.
- Design and Construction. This is a handheld model, so you can use as an overhead shower head or take it off the overhead bracket and use it as a handheld fixture for up-close use and more mobility. As for the construction, it features a combination of plastic shower head body, stainless steel hose, and chrome plating. The shower head also has a design that is easy to take apart. This makes it easy to wash all the disassembled parts.
- Water filtration. For filtration, the fixture uses mineral pellets. They reduce chlorine, its odor, and some other impurities in water. This can help in improving the health of skin and hair, making them softer and smoother. However, keep in mind that it does not purify water.
- Water saving. The shower head is equipped with a pressure boost nozzle technology. It maximizes output performance, while at the same time maintaining a steady flow of water of 1.35 GPM. So this is a low flow shower head that contributes to water and energy saving.
- Temperature controlled LEDs. The LEDs are activated by water pressure, so there’s no need for an external source of electricity. And the color of the LEDs is controlled by a temperature sensor. If the water is cold, the LEDs are green. If it’s warm, it shows blue. And when it’s hot, it switches to red. This array of colors creates a setting for the perfect mood and a fun shower experience.
- The shower head comes with a 59 inch hose, the shower head itself, and a mounting bracket. If you have a standard threaded shower arm installed already, you’ll have the installation done in minutes.
Elenker Shower Head With LED Lights
Elenker is yet another rainfall shower head that lights up to exude luxury in your bathroom every time you have a shower. It measures 8 inches in length and mounts overhead to ensure that water covers a wide area inside your bathroom. Even when you are not having a shower, the Elenker will make your bathroom look elegant with its chrome finish and stylishly designed parts.
- Design and build quality. The Elenker shower head is made from ABS plastic for durability and rust resistance. The chrome finish improves that durability, as well as aesthetics. Its large 8×8 inches shower head face, on the other hand, helps you enjoy invigorating showers as it delivers water over a large surface area, drenching your whole body in warm water.
- Multiple colors. As the water flows through the shower head, it automatically activates the built-in LEDs. There are 7 colors that are continuously changed every few seconds. Though they are not changed too fast, so it doesn’t become an annoying light dance. This gives your bathroom a unique and fun atmosphere. The nine LEDs also have a good brightness level. They are bright enough to be the only light in your bathroom, but not bright enough to be blinding.
- For the installation, you just need to remove your existing overhead shower head and then mount the new one onto the same shower arm.
What is an LED Shower Head?
An LED shower head is a new type of shower head that that emits light diodes inside your bathroom as you shower. Powered by a dynamo mechanism that runs solely on the water flowing through your shower fixtures, this shower head is meant to add some color to your bathroom.
An LED shower head isn’t necessarily more expensive than typical shower heads. By contrast, most of these showers heads cost similar or even lower than other shower heads that lack the color-changing features. They also don’t have different designs because ideally the LED mechanism is brought about by a function that can be added separately. At often times, the shower head will display green, blue or red colors in short spans of time. Sometimes, these colors will change as water temperatures in your shower rise. This is meant to help you monitor a change in water temperatures without risking getting burnt by hot water. Some shower heads, on the other hand, combine different colors to emit a rainbow like showering experience.
Since the shower head with lights does not use your home’s power, it can serve you for over a decade without you paying anything in maintenance or services. Finding a good quality LED shower head is not difficult, but it demands the time and effort you give to all other items you wish to buy.
How Do LED Shower Heads Work?
Almost every LED shower head works with nothing more than the water flowing through your shower fixtures. The water flow should be stable to drive a turbine or generator that produces enough electricity to supply to the shower heads. The electricity supplied is then converted into light diodes that are emitted through the same spray nozzles that deliver water. Depending on the manufacturer, the LED shower head is programmed to emit different colors at the same time or one color at a time. Shower heads that display their colors one at a time in small spans of time often also feature a temperature sensor. The automatic water temperature sensor is then programmed to display a particular hue when temperatures hit a certain level.
In most cases, the blue color is displayed when water is at normal or cold temperatures. When the water is warm, the shower head will usually turn green, pink or even purple depending on how it is programmed. However, red is used as the dominant color for displaying hot water temperatures.
In some cases, lime builds up inside your shower head may cause the LED lighting to fail. When this happens, you can clean your shower head using vinegar and warm water to eliminate the lime scale.
Advantages of Using LED Shower Heads
Today’s bathrooms are rife with superior metal fixtures, elegant designs, and features that add convenience in every manner. Still, there is always some room to improve the fixtures or even customize them to offer you dream showers. When you add a quality LED shower, for example, you will more than likely add class and functionality to your shower head. You also benefit from the following:
They Look Good
Seeing your bathroom glow as water flows from the shower head will excite you. When you have kids in the house, the lights alone will be enough reasons to make them take showers every once in a while. According to LED fixture designers, this technology represents what is best in shower head engineering. That is the reason why so many people are replacing their old shower heads with the new LED models. In addition, there are plenty of LED shower heads to choose from, allowing you to pick one that will look great in your bathroom.
Fun for Kids
Besides being fun for you, kids will love the lights. Colorful things are always loved by kids, especially if they also provide a chance to have fun or play. With the shower head beaming your kids’ favorite colors, none of them will ever shy away from having a shower. Additionally, the lights can offer some sense of security to kids when they are showering on their own. This is because they can monitor changing water temperatures by simply looking at the colors and avoid touching the water when it becomes too hot.
Your kitchen and bathroom are some of the best selling points for your home. When the bathroom exudes luxury with its quality fixtures, for example, your home’s value improves. And even when you have no plans to sell your home, the looks of it when the LED fixtures emit light as your shower is priceless.
Visually Show the Temperature
A LED shower head lets you adjust the water temperatures without paying keen attention to the numeric. Instead, you simply observe the colors emitted by the shower head to understand how to adjust the temperatures for your convenience. In a typical LED shower head that supports automatic water sensing, the red shows that your water is hot and blue represent cold water. Warm water, on the other hand, can be represented by any other color the manufacturer chooses.
Add a bit of Romance
A little of beaming colors will certainly add romance to your showers. The changing lights also brighten your mood to make you feel better every time you get out of your shower.
What to Keep in Mind When Choosing the Best LED Shower Head
It is amazing what today’s bathrooms have become. In a place meant to help you do an act of hygiene, you can find dozens of fixtures that simply add nothing more than beauty and functionality. But that is how it is! If you want to enjoy spa-like showers under beautiful colors you have to spend on the best LED shower heads. However, it is a trick to know which shower head will provide great value for your money. If you want an eco-friendly LED shower head system that can serve you for over a decade, read below to learn what you should keep in mind as head for shopping.
1. How is it Powered?
While many LED shower heads are hydro powered by a dynamo installed inside them, some still require battery backup. A few very expensive LED shower heads use electricity for power and they are more expensive to maintain as well. Ideally, you will want a shower head that is powered by nothing more than the water flowing through your bathroom fixtures. A quality dynamo powered LED shower head should beam light even when the water pressures are low.
2. Color Changing Patterns
For many people, the main reason for buying a LED shower head is to enjoy their beaming lights as you shower. Usually, the more colorful and wide in number these colors are, the better for you. Take time to learn how the color patterns in your ideal LED shower head work. Do they, for example, beam all at the same time? Do they automatically change from time to time? Select a shower head that beams our favorite colors where possible.
3. Standard Shower Head Features
You know there is more to a shower head than just the beautiful colors, right? Beautiful colors are nothing if they don’t help you enjoy your showers. If you can’t control your shower to help you rinse effectively, you won’t feel better after your shower. Consider checking for the following shower head features before settling for any particular model:
4. Design and Build
- Whether it is your first shower head or a replacement, buy good quality. Take time to evaluate how you love your showers and what you think would make a beautiful bathroom. If you enjoy rainfall, like showers, buy a large shower head that can cover a wide surface in your bathroom.
- When it comes to build, choose metal over plastic. ABS, copper, and brass are common, quality materials used to design a shower head that can last.
- The modern shower head is one that combines a myriad of functionalities. Look out for shower head settings that will help you enjoy invigorating rainfall showers, rinse or conserve on the water with its multiple settings.
- Look out for external settings like and angle adjustment or a lock to nut to ensure the shower head hangs in a position effectively.
- Water temperature sensor. Not all LED shower heads change color when water temperatures change. Only those with a water temperature sensor can help you enjoy this feature.
The presence of accessories like an additional handheld shower head should make you re-evaluate your decision on what model to buy. A long hose to enable rinsing is also a great accessory that comes with the best shower heads.
Technology is taking showering and bathrooms as a whole to a better place. With plenty of superior fixtures being released every year, you can no longer consider your bathroom as a simple room where you take your showers. Today’s bathroom deserves that you add some bit of technology for them to enjoy quality showers. That you move with technology by having the best LED shower head in your bathroom should be your motto. And since they are not expensive, look back at our LED shower head reviews anytime for the best models to buy.